New Application Process
Applications for events $6000 or less
All Applications for $6000 or less are due 35 business days (Monday-Friday) before your event . Applications must be submitted by your RSO’s President or Treasurer by 11:59PM EST via GetConnected. Please note the dates we are now accepting applications for at the top of the “Deadlines” page.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Decisions will be sent out via email within 5-7 business days.
Applications for events OVER $6000
All Applications over $6000 must apply in the new quarterly presentation process. Applications must be submitted by your RSO’s President or Treasurer by 11:59PM EST via GetConnected one week prior to presentation date.
Each group will have 20 minutes to present their event plan for members of the board, followed by a 10 minute Q&A. After review, board will send out allocations within 5 business days.
- Saturday, September 7th
- For events Oct 28th – February 1st
- Saturday, December 7th
- For events February 2nd– April 10th
- Saturday, February 22nd (this could change depending on homecoming)
- For events April 10th – June 30th
- Saturday, May 2nd
- For events July 1st-October 24th
Collaboration Policy Update
- SFB will no longer continue to fund collaborations with 3 or more groups up to $14,000.00 without affecting organization tier limits
- RSOs may pool their available funding for collaborative events with no maximum
- If there are 3 or more collaborating groups, up to $2000 of the event will not affect your organizations’ tier limits (Example: If the total cost of an approved event is $5000, and there are 3 organizations collaborating, $2000 will be given as a grant with the remaining $3000 split evenly amongst the 3 collaborating organizations – $1000 per organization).
- Any collaboration over $6000 must submit a large group application and present on their event.
New Tier Level Guidlines
Tier 1 RSOs can receive up to $3,000 per academic year and cannot apply for travel funding or request for funding over $1000. Tier 1 RSOs cannot use SFB for
- Events Production, Events Management/Facility Fees
- Conferences/ Leadership Programs/ Competitions
- Speaker/Performance Fees
Tier 2 RSOs can receive up to $6,000 per academic year, and MAY request funds for travel/conference expenses.
New Honorarium Policy
Honorariums cannot exceed $500.