Coronavirus Update (as of 3/19/20):
Student Funding Board will resume meetings virtually, starting March 23rd. Unfortunately, due to the remainder of the semester being moved online, we will only be able to fund events that are fully online/virtual. For current and future applications:
- SFB will send out denials to all events that do not meet online/virtual criteria.
- If you believe you are able to make your event virtual, you may appeal via email by replying to the original allocation email. DO NOT fill out a new application, this will only delay the process.
- SFB will need a detailed plan on how your event will be moved to a virtual space.
- The event will need to be entirely online. No in person gathering of any kind will be funded.
- SFB will generally be allowing postponements for events as long as there is a detailed plan to execute the event online. However, your event’s funding may be reduced depending on the items originally funded (see next bullet).
- SFB will not fund any item or vendor that would require person to person interaction (i.e. food/catering, decorations, mechanical parts, event services, etc).
- SFB will not fund travel requests
- Any applications submitted late between March 13th and March 27th, will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Flexibility on late applications will be given when possible based on the reason for the late application and feasibility of the program/event.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Applications for events under $5,999.99 are now being accepted for events on or after
May 17, 2020
New Application Process
Applications for events $6,000.00 or less
All Applications for $6,000.00 or less are due 45 days before your event . Applications must be submitted by your RSO’s President or Treasurer by 11:59PM EST via Mason360. Please note the dates we are now accepting applications for at the top of the “Deadlines” page.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Decisions will be sent out via email within 5-7 business days.
Applications for events OVER $6,000.00
All Applications over $6000 must apply in the new quarterly presentation process. Applications must be submitted by your RSO’s President or Treasurer by 11:59PM EST via Mason360 one week prior to presentation date.
Each group will have 20 minutes to present their event plan for members of the board, followed by a 10 minute Q&A. After review, board will send out allocations within 5 business days.
- For events occurring on July 1st-October 24th
- Presentation Date: Saturday, May 2nd
- Application Due: Saturday, April 25th by 11:59PM
- Presentation Date: Saturday, May 2nd
*Date subject to change depending on Homecoming
Collaboration Policy Update
- SFB will no longer continue to fund collaborations with 3 or more groups up to $14,000.00 without affecting organization tier limits
- RSOs may pool their available funding for collaborative events with no maximum
- If there are 3 or more collaborating groups, up to $2,000.00 of the event will not affect your organizations’ tier limits (Example: If the total cost of an approved event is $5,000.00, and there are 3 organizations collaborating, $2,000.00 will be given as a grant with the remaining $3,000.00 split evenly amongst the 3 collaborating organizations – $1,000.00 per organization).
- Any collaboration over $6,000.00 must submit a large group application and present on their event.
New Tier Level Guidelines
Tier 1 RSOs can receive up to $3,000 per academic year and cannot apply for travel funding or request for funding over $1,000. Tier 1 RSOs cannot use SFB for:
- Events Production, Events Management/Facility Fees
- Conferences/ Leadership Programs/ Competitions
- Speaker/Performance Fees
Tier 2 RSOs can receive up to $6,000 per academic year, and MAY request funds for travel/conference expenses (travel is restricted to $1000.00 per academic year and $500.00 per individual).
New Honorarium Policy
Honorariums cannot exceed $500.