To become a Registered Student Organization in Spring of 2019 must complete the following:
Fill out the Prospective Student Organization application on getconnected.gmu.edu. You must be signed in using your Patriot Pass and Net ID to access this application.
*All executive board members who are enrolled longer than one semester must have a 2.0 GPA or above in order to serve as an executive board member and acknowledge that in order to verify this requirement, their GPA will be reviewed by the Assistant Director of Student Organizations The President of the organization must complete the application and submit it via GetConnected (the timestamp of submission must be before the deadline)
Applications Open on Wednesday, January 9th, 2019
Applications Close on Friday, February 1st at 11:45pm (EST)
Online trainings must be completed by both the President and the Treasurer
Trainings are available starting Wednesday, January 9th. 2019
Trainings will close on Friday, February 1st at 11:59pm (EST)
If you miss the PSO process for Spring 2019 please email Aya Leonhardt (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the RSO Lead Team (email@example.com) for further instructions.
For Current Organization Members
August 25th through September 21st, 2019
Organizations are invited to be a part of Welcome2Mason 2019!! Organizations can be involved in the following ways:
- Submit an event to be listed on the website as a part of the festivities! Reminder that organizations need to have obtained their own funding and requested their own space. Submit your event here: https://welcome2mason.gmu.edu/submit/
- Volunteer for to help with first-year move-in: https://welcome2mason.gmu.edu/housing-move-in-crew/
- Volunteer to help with Ask me booths and events throughout Welcome2Mason: https://welcome2mason.gmu.edu/volunteer/
GetConnected Fair 2018 Information (a part of Welcome2Mason- welcome.gmu.edu)
September 5th, 2018, 11:00am-2:00pm (Raindate, September 12th) – Wilkins Plaza, East Plaza, Southside Plaza
GetConnected Fair is the largest involvement fair on the Fairfax campus that includes registered student organizations, campus partners, and a variety of on-campus departments! This provides the opportunity for your organization to engage with incoming and returning students. Registration is now available and all PSOs and RSOs can register at this link
9/11 Day of Service (a part of Welcome2Mason- welcome.gmu.edu)
Monday September 10th and Tuesday, September 11th – various locations
Organizations are invited to be apart of the academic year’s first service opportunity!! There are a variety of ways to be involved whether attending the Evening of Reflection (JC Bistro 5:00pm 9/10), coordinating and submitting a service project for Tuesday, September 11th, serving as a project lead, or getting your organization to participate in a project . Being a part the 9/11 Day of Service will give your organization an opportunity to be together and reflect during the first service opportunity of the year! For more information visit the website: https://911day.gmu.edu/
For questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Premiere: YardFest 2018
TBD – SUB I Quad
The Office of Admissions has invited over 3000 prospective students to a George Mason admission’s open house event! Your registered student organization will have the chance to interact with these guest through an outdoor tabling event on the SUB I Quad. Email questions to Event Coordinator in the Office of Admissions, Michael Latimer (email@example.com)
RSO Winter Fair 2019
Early Spring Semester – Dewberry Hall
The RSO Winter Fair allows registered student organizations to engage with the George Mason community through an indoor tabling event. This is the best chance to impress the new incoming and transfer students as they embark on their journey at our university! More information regarding this event coming soon.
iWeek 2019 (iweek.gmu.edu)
Friday, April 5th through Sunday, April 14th
Organizations are invited to be a part of iWeek 2019!! Organizations can be involved in the following ways:
- Organizations can request a space that has been previously booked iWeek committee to contribute to the International Week calendar: https://iweek.gmu.edu/culture-nights/.
- Organizations can participate in the annual dance competition on Thursday, April 11th, 2019! Any and all size teams are welcome! https://iweek.gmu.edu/dance-competition/
- Carry a flag in the annual parade: https://iweek.gmu.edu/opening/
YardFest Spring 2019
TBD – SUB I Quad
The Office of Admissions has invited over 3000 prospective students to George Mason’s second largest open house event! Your registered student organization will have the chance to interact with these guest through an outdoor tabling event on the SUB I Quad. Email questions to Event Coordinator in the Office of Admissions, Michael Latimer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Distinguished Quill Awards
TBD – Center for the Arts
The Distinguished Quill Awards is an opportunity for members of the Mason community to recognize our hard working student leaders, organizations, and their advisors. This award ceremony honors the nominated students and recognizes their achievements from the academic year. Awards are available to individual registered student organizations, individual student leaders, advisors, and many other categories. To learn more about the Distinguished Quill Awards, go to si.gmu.edu/distinguished-quill-awards/
May 7, 2019 (Raindate, May 8th) – SUB I Quad
Bench Painting is both a tradition and a way of honoring outstanding organizations here at George Mason University. Each year, Student Involvement allocates the benches that are in the SUB I Quad to the organizations that apply for this opportunity. Applications are reviewed based on the registered student organization’s impact on the surrounding community and the timeliness of the submission. Applications will be available in late spring 2019. To learn more about Bench Painting, go to si.gmu.edu/bench-painting/
Looking for all of the forms for your organization? Check out the Resources tab above!
Re-Registration Process for 2018-2019
Phase 1 of the Re-Registration Process requires that all incoming presidents complete the following application on Get Connected (getconnected.gmu.edu)
If needed, here is a summary of the Re-Registration Process:
- The incoming president must login to GetConnected to start the re-registration process. The incoming president will be listed as the primary contact for the RSO in GetConnected after submitting the application. *Advisors should not turn in the Get Connected Application.
- Complete the application and upload your RSO’s constitution for review. Also, please make sure the RSO roster on GetConnected is up-to-date. *Please remember that all executive board members/leadership positions in the organization have a 2.0 GPA or higher. If a exec member does not hold a GPA at or above that level, they will be asked to step down from their position.
- Once your application is submitted, a member of the RSO Lead Team will review your application and constitution and reach out to you with any necessary revisions or approval. *If you receive revisions, please complete the changes as soon as possible so the application can be re-submitted and reviewed again.
- Once your application is approved, you have completed Phase 1 of re-registration.
- Complete Phase 2: RSO Online Trainings, which always occurs from May 15th-June 15th
- Complete Phase 3: Fiscal Trainings, which includes an assortment of online trainings for each tier of organization.
- Complete Phase 4: Attend the RSO Summit on Saturday, September 8th
Phase 2 of the Re-Registration Process requires an assortment of online trainings that are listed below. You must login to Blackboard to complete these trainings.
|Tier 1 Organizations must complete:||
|Tier 2 Organizations must complete:||
|Tier 3 Organizations must complete:||
Fiscal 1.5 In-Person Training
There are different time options on different dates throughout August and September, it is your responsibility to find a date and time by the deadline: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fiscal-15-training-fall-2019-tickets-49135080348
Required for all organizations
Fiscal 3.0 Online Training
As of August 2018, Fiscal 3.0 is no longer required. For all travel information, please visit the RSO Self-Service Center
Your organization is responsible for all of the information that was in the trainings for the entire academic year. A failure to follow protocols and procedures could mean consequences for the organization.
Phase 4 of the Re-Registration Process is the RSO Summit. The RSO Summit it the annual Registered Student Organization conference-style meeting for RSO executive board members! This year the Summit will be on Saturday, September 8th, 2018. Attendance is required by one executive board member of all organizations!
ATTENDANCE IS REQUIRED BY AN EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBER OF ALL ORGANIZATIONS- NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Presidents are accountable to ensuring that an executive board member is in attendance at the Summit.
- The person who is representing the organization must attend the entire day (8:30am-3:15pm)
Registration Link for RSO Summit 2018: https://getconnected.gmu.edu/submitter/form/start/194809