To become a Registered Student Organization, a Prospective Student Organization in Fall of 2017must complete the following steps:
Email Amber Duffey at email@example.com to express interest.
Deadline: September 5th, 2017
Fill out the Prospective Student Organization application on GetConnected.gmu.edu. You must be signed in using your Patriot Pass and Net ID to access this application.
*All executive board members who are enrolled longer than one semester must have a 2.0 GPA or above in order to serve as an executive board member and acknowledge that in order to verify this requirement, their GPA will be reviewed by the Assistant Director of Student Organizations and Student Government
The President of the organization must complete the application and submit it via GetConnected (the timestamp of submission must be before the deadline)
Attend mandatory preliminary meeting with RSO Lead Team member
Applications Open on Monday, August 7th
Applications Close on Thursday, September 7th at 11:45pm (EST)
One executive board member from your organizations must attend the RSO Summit.
Saturday, September 9th
Online trainings must be completed by both the President and the Treasurer
Trainings are available on Monday, September 11th
Trainings will close on Friday, September 22nd at 11:59pm (EST)
Fiscal Management 1.5 (in-person) trainings begin. Your organization’s President and Treasurer must attend. When you check in for this training, please let the facilitator know that you are a Prospective Student Organization
Trainings being on Monday, August 21st
The last day for trainings is Friday, September 22nd
If you miss the PSO process for Fall 2017 please email Amber Duffey (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the RSO Lead Team (email@example.com) for further instructions.
For Current Organization Members
Sunday, October 15th 2017 – SUB I Quad
- Registration is now available for the Fall Premiere YARD FEST.
- When registering, be sure to sign up to participate in the student organization games and performances. Each group that wishes to perform will be allotted 5 minutes on stage.
- You could win $100, $200, or $300 for your organization by participating in our friendly competitions! This year, each organization is encouraged to participate in the following games: Hula Hoop Contest, Three-Legged Race, and a Popcorn Eating Contest!
- To register for a table, visit http://admissions.gmu.edu/rsvp/yardfest by Tuesday, October 10, 2017. Email Michael Latimer (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions!
RSO Winter Fair 2018
Early Spring Semester – Dewberry Hall
The RSO Winter Fair allows registered student organizations to engage with the George Mason community through an indoor tabling event. This is the best chance to impress the new incoming and transfer students as they embark on their journey at our university! More information regarding this event coming soon.
May 8, 2018 (Raindate, May 9) – SUB I Quad
Bench Painting is both a tradition and a way of honoring outstanding organizations here at George Mason University. Each year, Student Involvement allocates the 38 benches that are in the SUB I Quad to the organizations that apply for this opportunity. Applications are reviewed based on the registered student organization’s impact on the surrounding community and the timeliness of the submission. Applications will be available in late spring 2018. To learn more about Bench Painting, go to si.gmu.edu/bench-painting/
Distinguished Quill Awards
April 18, 2018 – Center for the Arts
The Distinguished Quill Awards is an opportunity for members of the Mason community to recognize our hard working student leaders, organizations, and their advisors. This award ceremony honors the nominated students and recognizes their achievements from the academic year. Awards are available to individual registered student organizations, individual student leaders, advisors, and many other categories. To learn more about the Distinguished Quill Awards, go to si.gmu.edu/distinguished-quill-awards/
YardFest Spring 2018
April 2018 – SUB I Quad
The Office of Admissions has invited over 3000 prospective students to George Mason’s second largest open house event! Your registered student organization will have the chance to interact with these guest through an outdoor tabling event on the SUB I Quad. More information regarding this event coming soon.
GetConnected Fair 2018 Information
September 5th, 2018 (Raindate, September 12) – North Plaza
GetConnected Fair is the largest involvement fair on the Fairfax campus that includes registered student organizations, campus partners, and a variety of on-campus departments! This provides the opportunity for your organization to engage with incoming and returning students. Registration form will be available in July 2018.
Looking for all of the forms for your organization? Check out the Resources tab above!
Re-Registration Process for 2017-2018
Phase 1 of the Re-Registration Process requires that all incoming presidents complete the following application on GetConnected: LINK TO APPLICATION
If needed, here is a summary of the Re-Registration Process:
- The incoming president must login to GetConnected to start the re-registration process. The incoming president will be listed as the primary contact for the RSO in GetConnected after submitting the application. *Advisors should not turn in the Get Connected Application.
- Complete the application and upload your RSO’s constitution for review. Also, please make sure the RSO roster on GetConnected is up-to-date. *Please remember that all executive board members/leadership positions in the organization have a 2.0 GPA or higher. If a exec member does not hold a GPA at or above that level, they will be asked to step down from their position.
- Once your application is submitted, a member of the RSO Lead Team will review your application and constitution and reach out to you with any necessary revisions or approval. *If you receive revisions, please complete the changes as soon as possible so the application can be re-submitted and reviewed again.
- Once your application is approved, you have completed Phase 1 of re-registration.
- Complete Phase 2: RSO Online Trainings, which always occurs from May 15th-June 15th
- Complete Phase 3: Fiscal Trainings, which includes an assortment of online trainings for each tier of organization.
- Complete Phase 4: Attend the RSO Summit.
Phase 2 of the Re-Registration Process requires an assortment of online trainings that are listed below. You must login to Blackboard to complete these trainings.
|Tier 1 Organizations must complete:|
|Tier 2 Organizations must complete:|
|Tier 3 Organizations must complete:|
Fiscal 1.5 In-Person Training
Sign ups available here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fiscal-15-trainings-spring-2018-tickets-42422286200
Required for all organizations
Fiscal 3.0 Online Training
All information available here: https://si.gmu.edu/spending-money/
Required for Tier 3 Organizations
Your organization is responsible for all of the information that was in the trainings for the entire academic year. A failure to follow protocols and procedures could mean consequences for the organization.
Phase 4 of the Re-Registration Process is the RSO Summit. The RSO Summit it the annual Registered Student Organization conference-style meeting for RSO executive board members! This year the Summit will be on Saturday, September 9th. Attendance is required by one executive board member of all organizations!
To register for the RSO Summit, fill out the application online at https://gmu.collegiatelink.net/form/start/120419