Tuesday, May 8th 10:30am-2:00pm
rain date: Wednesday, May 9th 10:30a-2:00pm
Bench Painting is proudly co-sponsored by:
Any applications that were received after the Thursday, April 19th at 11:59pm (EST) No sketch should be turned in in-person. The sketch must be submitted with the application on Get Connected.
- A complete application includes the following items by the above submission date:
- Get Connected application with the sketch submitted inside of the application
- The sketch will have an accurate portrayal of the design with color
- The president’s signature
- The faculty advisor signature (Tier 2 and Tier 3 only)
- Any applications that are missing the signature of a faculty advisor or organization President are ineligible to receive a bench. This signature is to be on the Sketch document.
- In order for your organization to eligible to paint a bench, it must be in good standing with the Student Involvement, University Events, Office of Student Conduct, Student Centers, and Events Management.
- Monday, March 26th: Bench Painting Applications open on Get Connected
- Thursday, April 19th: Bench Painting Applications close on Get Connected at 11:59pm (EST)
- Friday April 20th-Wednesday, April 25th: Applications are reviewed
- Wednesday, April 25th: Organizations are notified if they have received a bench and required to turn in a Bench Painting Agreement Form
- Friday, April 27th: All Bench Painting Agreement form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 27th at 11:59pm (EST).
- Tuesday, May 8th: BENCH PAINTING PARTY, all organizations must be present and painting– Sub 1 Quad (rain date: Wednesday, May 9th- plan accordingly!)
- Friday, May 11th: All allocated benches must be painted by Friday, May 11th at 5:00pm. If your organization is not able to paint your bench by 5:00pm on Friday, May 12th, you forfeit your bench and your organization will be ineligible for a bench the following year.
Bench Painting Event Details:
- Benches need to be painted on Tuesday, May 8th (or rain date: Wednesday, May 9th) during the Bench Painting Party. If it is predicted to rain, be prepared to host the Bench Painting Party on Wednesday, May 9th and plan accordingly.
- After Tuesday, May 8th (or Wednesday, May 9th in the case it rains on Tuesday) your organization is responsible for providing any painting materials necessary to finish painting your bench. Student Involvement will only provide supplies during the Bench Painting Party. No supplies will be available for checkout afterward.
*Applications open on Monday, March 26th and
close on Thursday, April 19th, 2018 at 11:59pm (EST).