Join the Team
Apply now to be part of the 2017-2018 Well-Being Team!
Application can be found on GetConnected at https://getconnected.gmu.edu/form/start/122986 . Please read the following before you apply:
The Well-Being Team is a departmental organization that plays an essential role in spreading understanding around goal #7, making George Mason a model well-being university. We go about this by: facilitating education around well-being in classrooms and student organizations, creating opportunities for students to engage in well-being practices, and maintaining an online presence by promoting well-being to students through a comprehensive marketing strategy.
We are currently accepting applications for the following open positions for Fall ‘17-Spring ’18: Prior leadership experience is preferred but not required.
Education Vice-Chair (8 office hours)
• Coordinate all workshops schedules by working with the party who requests the workshop and the facilitator sign-ups
• Serve as a main workshop facilitator for the team
• Train other workshop facilitators
• Provide outreach to market the workshop opportunities (specifically to RSOs, residence halls, classrooms, Greek life, sports teams, etc)
• Coordinate and advertise open workshops for the campus
• Facilitate well-being practices at meetings
• Collect, interpret, and share feedback from workshops
• Work with grad-assistant or Chair to tweak and develop workshops
Marketing Vice-Chair (8 office hours)
• Maintain the WBT’s social media presence each week
- WBT Facebook page
(Post a minimum of 2 posts per week
– Gain likes and attraction to the page
– Share well-being related articles
- Twitter page (Tweets a minimum five times per week
– Gain followers and interacts with other offices and students)
- Instagram page
(Posts a minimum of once a week, or twice a week if promoting an event
– Gain a following on the page
– Posts encouraging/motivational pictures
– Quote related to well-being)
• Manage WBT email account and website (si.gmu.edu/well-being-team)
• Promote the team and keeps an online presence through Today at Mason and Patriot Experience
• Manage WBT events in GetConnected
• Responsible for developing and implementing advertising for all WBT events
• In charge of marketing logistics, this includes
- Submitting design requests –Sending materials to print
- Picking items up at print services
- Distribution of any and all materials –Ordering Givaways
• Assist with marketing campaigns that take place once a semester
Activities Vice-Chair (8 office hours)
• Develops and implements annual events such as:
- DeStress Fest
- Well-Being Day
- Spring into Well-Being
• Responsible for all programming logistics
- Booking space on 25live as needed
- Gathering all supplies and giveaways
- Responsible for creating posters/materials for events
- Collaborating with the Chair and Grad Assistant with the budgeting and purchasing of all supplies –Making sure contracts and insurance for outside vendors go through
• Coordinates and schedules volunteers for all events
Responsibilities for all WBT Leaders
· Facilitate workshops as needed
· Work together to ideate for events
· Work with/mentor well-being street team members
· Lead well-being team breakout session, work with team members (if tasks are delegated, still responsible for getting it done)
· Continue to learn about well-being science and well-being initiatives at Mason
• Must be available for ALL Student Involvement student leader training sessions: Summer training occurs the week before classes start and Winter retreat the Friday before classes begin.
• Must be available to serve on the volunteer student leader during the Preamble
• Must be able to attend weekly lead team weekly meetings and street team meetings.
• Must be a currently enrolled undergraduate student and remain enrolled throughout the duration of the contract.
• Must be available to work at programming initiatives including but not limited to Well-Being Day, Destress Fest, Marketing Promotions and University traditions such as The Preamble and Welcome Week.
• Must have established a 2.5 GPA or better and maintained throughout time in position (preferred).
• Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
• Must have a sincere desire to help create a well-being culture within the Mason community.
Direct your questions to Jena Chalmers at firstname.lastname@example.org.