Please note: The GetConnected re-registration application will be due May 1st every year. Be sure that this date is added to your organization’s annual calendar.
RSOs that missed the May 1st deadline OR failed to complete any of the phases during the Spring re-registration process will be required to go through the Prospective Student Organization process at the beginning of the Fall 2017 semester if they choose to register for the 2017-2018 academic year. Organizations will only be eligible to register as a Tier 1 or Tier 2 organization and will not receive access to funding or 25Live until mid-semester, pending approval.
Timeline for Spring and Fall 2017
|1||Monday, March 13th
Monday, May 1st (11:59pm EST)
|2||May 15th –
June 15th (11:59 pm EST)
|3||Monday, August 21st to Friday, September 22nd||
All 3 Phases must be complete in order for an organization
to be Re-Registered for the 2017-2018 Academic Year
General Information for Registered Student Organizations:
- If an RSO misses the May 1st deadline OR fails to complete any of the phases during the Spring re-registration process, they will be required to go through the Prospective Student Organization process at the beginning of the Fall semester if they choose to register for that academic year. Organizations will only be eligible to register as a Tier 1 or Tier 2 organization and will not receive access to funding or 25Live until mid-semester, pending approval.
- If an organization is inactive for an entire academic year, they will have to go through the Prospective Student Organization process in the following Fall.
- *All executive board members who are enrolled longer than one semester must have a 2.0 GPA or above in order to serve as an executive board member and acknowledge that in order to verify this requirement, their GPA will be reviewed by the Assistant Director of Student Organizations and Student Government
- The President and the Treasurer are required to complete the trainings. For more information regarding the trainings, please see the RSO Trainings page.
- If both the Treasurer and President do not complete the trainings before June 15th, the organization will be considered unregistered for the 2017-2018 Academic Year
- Information can be found here on the: three tier classification system. The three tiers will determine what kind of training sessions, room reservation capabilities, and funding access RSO’s will have, depending on what your needs are.
- Each organization must have a constitution with all required elements that appear in the Constitution Guidelines.
- The roster for each organization must be updated on GetConnected with every current member who is an active George Mason student.
- Notice: Your organization’s elections for the 2017-2018 Academic Year should occur by April 15, 2017. This will allow time for officer transitioning, in addition to allowing you to have an up-to-date Executive Board when you register your organization for the 2017-2018 Academic Year.
Still have questions? No worries!
Please email email@example.com with any questions you may have.