The RSO Newsletter is a bi-weekly digest of general announcements, deadlines, events calendar, policies, training schedules, and fellow student organization submitted ads. The Newsletter is sent via email every other Tuesday at 10:00am to all executive board members, labeled as such on getconnected.gmu.edu.
Other students can also request to receive the newsletter by emailing email@example.com. Student leaders can make submissions to the newsletter following the submission guidelines for either event ads or collaboration requests.
Spring 2016 Newsletters:
Wednesday, January 20th, 2016
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016
Wednesday, February 17th, 2016
Wednesday, March 2nd, 2016
Wednesday, March 16th, 2016
Wednesday, March 30th, 2016
Wednesday, April 13th, 2016
Wednesday, April 27th, 2016
Fall Semester 2015 Newsletters:
Wednesday, August 27th, 2015
Wednesday, September 2nd, 2015
Wednesday, September 16th, 2015
Wednesday, September 30th, 2015
Wednesday, October 14th, 2015
Wednesday, October 28th, 2015
Wednesday, November 11th, 2015
Wednesday, December 2nd, 2015
RSO Newsletter Submission Guidelines
To include an announcement in the RSO Newsletter, it must be submitted by email to the RSO email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm Friday night the week before the newsletter is being sent out. (For example, the second newsletter of the academic year will be sent out Tuesday, September 15th, 2015; thus, all submission requests must be sent by Friday, September 11th, 2015 at 11:59 pm.) The same announcement can be published in the newsletter for a maximum of three times per semester. It is the responsibility of the requester to specify which dates the announcement should be published. If no list of dates is submitted with the email, it is assumed that the requester wishes the announcement to be run only in the following newsletter.
Subject Line: RSO Newsletter
- University Department OR Student Organization Name
- Title for the Announcement
- Dates (mm/dd/yy-mm/dd/yy) you request publication
- Contact name, phone number and email for follow-up questions
Format of the Announcement:
- Length should not exceed 75 words. Announcements over the word limit will be returned to the sender if there are more than two days before the submission deadline. The announcement must be sent back before 11:59 pm Friday to be published. If less than two days are left before the submission deadline, announcements will be edited by the RSO Lead Team.
- Announcements may contain web links for more info, but only to getconnected.gmu.edu
- Clarity is important. Requests will be read prior to approval for clarity, general format and grammar. We reserve the right to edit text to fix such mistakes.
- Font style will be made uniform upon publishing in the newsletter so that both Mac and PC submissions work correctly.
- Attached flyer instead of a written submission acceptable (.pdf or .doc files only)
Submissions that will not be accepted:
- Announcements of items “for sale”
- Announcements from sources that do not pertain to student leaders ONLY
- Announcements that pertain to the general student body
- The only exception to this is non-profit organizations advertising internships and volunteer opportunities for Mason students.