Policies & Guidelines
General Registered Student Organization Policies & Guidelines:
*Please Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat to view .pdf files*
This policy includes information on the following:
- Procedures for Late Night Events
- Cash Handling & Wristband Procedures for RSO Events
- Major Event Guidelines for Recognized Student Organizations
- Amplified Sound Guidelines for Outdoor Spaces
- General Guidelines for Space Use In and Around the Student Centers
- Johnson Center Bistro Event Facilitation Guidelines for the Student Center
- Updated Space Cancellation and “No Show” Policy (NEW)
- Space Utilization and Scheduling
- Vending Sales & Solicitation
- Poster Posting Procedures
- GMU Approved Caterer’s List
- GMU Logo Usage (link below contains the following information)
- Use of University’s Trademarks (University Policy 1130)
- Trademark Information
- Licensed Vendors
- Mason Gear Locations
- Athletics Logo Use
Use of the Athletics logo is restricted to athletics-related materials, including some merchandise in the bookstores. It should not be used on printed materials or web sites that promote academics. The George Mason logo and the Athletics logo should never be used on the same page. To request permission to use the Athletics logo, contact the Athletics Department at 703-993-3271.
GetConnected is the leading platform to centralize, organize, and increase student involvement opportunities. The platform provides the tools for managing student organizations and encouraging growth and development as students engage in co-curricular activities. GetConnected provides a gateway to involvement opportunities and allows you, as students, to document your participation and learning.
For a list of all organizations and the contact information for each, please log in to GetConnected. Use your Mason ID and password to log in.
Get in the Know and Engage
- Virtual Flyer Board highlights upcoming events so you can pick out interesting activities to attend
- Events Calendar gives you more detail on campus-wide events
- Campus News shows you who’s talking about what, the latest announcements and details, and other student organization activity
Tools for Organizations
Collegiatelink streamlines many campus activities processes and provides the following tools to manage student organizations:
- Customize an organization profile with content and graphics.
- Post articles to a campus news ticker and allow commenting on group discussion “walls”.
- Manage club rosters and fill positions with newly-recruited members.
- Send out e-mail or text messages (SMS) to specific officers, event attendees, or an entire organization membership list.
- Promote events through a virtual flyerboard that simultaneously includes all posted events on a campus-wide calendar.
- Hold secure online elections for open officer positions.
- Upload lists of students, send out invitations, monitor RSVP status, and track attendance using card-swipe or barcode readers.
- Approve service hours completed by organization members.
- Store electronic documents, photos, and other files and control who can access them.
How to Get a Mason Website for Your Organization:
First, the student organization must be officially registered with the Office of Student Involvement.
- Student Involvement: How to Register your Student Organization
- Student Involvement: How to Start a new Student Organization On-Campus
Once an organization is registered, a directory can be requested on www.gmu.edu. Generally, this directory will be created in the www.gmu.edu/org/folder.
How to Request a Mason Email for Your Organization: