Fiscal Management

Home » Registered Student Organizations » Funding » Fiscal Management


NOTE: All RSOs MUST send their President & Treasurer to the required Fiscal Management Training(s) before funding will be allocated to their organizations.

Tier 1 & 2 RSOs- Required to attend the Fiscal Management 1.5 Training & Complete the online Fiscal Management Test

Tier 3 RSOs- Required to attend the Fiscal Management 1.5 & 3.0 Trainings & Complete the online Fiscal Management Test

Graduate Registered Student Organizations- Required to attend the Graduate RSO Training & Complete the online Fiscal Management Test.

CLICK BELOW TO REGISTER Spring 2014 Sessions Available to Sign-Up NOW

Fiscal Management Training 1.5

Fiscal Management Training 3.0

Graduate Registered Student Organizations- Please email Sara Morrisroe at to set up a training time


The President and Treasurer of each Registered Student Organization (RSO) are required to review the Fiscal Management Workshop and pass a 20-question test at the end with a score of at least 80%.  Consider taking notes while viewing the presentation.

Click the link, below, to view the Fiscal Management Presentation Power Point.  If you have trouble opening the presentation or the test on the final page of the presentation, try a right click on the link and then select “Open Hyperlink”.



The RSO Fiscal Handbook contains information about your RSO account, and includes instructions for the financial functions you may need to use to accomplish your organization’s goals.  You can save the Handbook to your computer, print out a hard copy, or simply refer here to link to it.

RSO Fiscal Handbook 2013-2014


Tier 3 RSOs can find information about the requirements for travel in the Travel Procedures Presentation and the RSO Travel Procedures Handbook.


RSO Travel Handbook 2013-2014


Here are links to some pages you may need:

Sodexo, the on-campus caterer  This is where you can place a catering order with the on-campus caterer, Special Occasions Catering, also known as Sodexo.

Approved Caterers List  If you want to bring food to campus from an outside vendor, you must use an approved caterer from this list.

Events Production:  Use this to arrange for sound equipment and technical support for your university events.

GMU Travel Request System:  If you wish to be reimbursed for travel expenses, you will need to create forms using the GMU Travel Request System.

Enterprise:  Enterprise site  If you will use surface transportation to travel, you may need to used a vehicle leased from Enterprise.

GMU Logo Information:  Trademark Information  If you are purchasing t-shirts for your RSO, you should read this information about use of GMU logos.


Here are links to the forms you will need:

RSO Payment Request Form – fillable – 2014 (type in information, then print and sign)

RSO Payment Request Form – 2014 (print out form, complete by hand, then sign)

Purchase Order Request Form – fillable – 2014 (type in information, then print and sign)

Purchase Order Request Form – 2014 (print out form, complete by hand, then sign)

Food & Beverages Authorization Form 2014

W-9 Form Federal

Independent Contractor Form

Event Evaluation Form

GMU Contract

Risk Assessment Form


For questions about applying for funding, submission deadlines for funding applications, and decisions about whether your funding application was approved, contact Sara Morrisroe, Associate Director of Student Involvement, at or 703-993-2909.

For questions about reimbursements and payments or the status of your RSO account, contact Barbara Campbell, Business Manager for Student Involvement, at or 703-993-2894.