Mason’s Interfraternity Council is comprised of 15 men’s fraternities committed to scholarship, service, leadership, and brotherhood. Recruitment for these organizations is informal and occurs during the Fall and Spring semesters. However, there is a week in September dedicated to informational and educational sessions to learn about Fraternity life and the organizations you can join.
The following organizations are active and in good standing with the university.
- Alpha Epsilon Pi
- Alpha Kappa Lambda
- Alpha Sigma Phi
- Chi Psi
- Delta Chi
- Kappa Alpha Order
- Kappa Sigma
- Pi Kappa Alpha
- Pi Kappa Phi
- Phi Kappa Theta
- Phi Kappa Sigma
- Phi Sigma Kappa
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon
- Tau Kappa Epsilon
- Theta Chi
The following organization(s) are NOT recognized by the university.
- Sigma Chi
Multicultural Greek Council
MGC at Mason governs the Multicultural Greek-Letter organizations. These organizations hold an intake process that occurs throughout the school year. At the beginning of the Spring semester MGC partners with Winter Welcome Week for an informational session on Fraternity and Sorority Life in MGC organizations.
- Chi Upsilon Sigma National Latin Sorority, Inc.
- Delta Phi Omega Sorority, Inc.
- Kappa Phi Gamma Sorority, Inc.
- Kappa Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc.
- Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc.
- Lambda Pi Chi Sorority, Inc.
- Phi Iota Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Pi Delta Psi Fraternity, Inc.
National Pan-Hellenic Council
NPHC coordinates the traditionally African-American nationally affiliated collegiate fraternal chapters. This council does not conduct formal recruitment, however informational and educational sessions for each organization are held throughout the year. At the beginning of the academic year Meet the Greeks is held to showcase NPHC and the organizations involved to give students a taste of what it can offer.
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
George Mason PHC supports seven women’s fraternities and sororities focused on academic excellence, leadership, philanthropy, and sisterhood. The Panhellenic Council holds formal recruitment in September and individual chapters hold informal recruitment throughout the year.
- Alpha Phi
- Alpha Omicron Pi
- Alpha Xi Delta
- Chi Omega
- Gamma Phi Beta
- Pi Beta Phi
- Zeta Tau Alpha