Student Funding Board
Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) are able to apply for funding through the Student Funding Board (SFB). These funds allow students to hold events and programs sponsored by their organization. The SFB of George Mason University is a branch of Student Government and is comprised of three appointed Student Government members, as well as a representative from the Registered Student Organization Leadership Team.
**All Registered Student Organizations MUST apply for funds if planning on using SFB**
SFB CHANGES FOR THE 2016-2017 YEAR
- There is a $250 MAXIMUM per person for travel funding. This maximum is PER PERSON and will not depend on the organization, meaning that even if a student applies from various RSOs they will still be held to the $250 limit.
- All members who receive travel funding must be listed on the organization’s roster on Get Connected
- All events must be FREE and open to the Mason community; however, each RSO is able to request funding for one organization only program PER YEAR. This closed event cannot exceed more than half of the RSO’s current available funding.
- Remember that all events held off-campus may be subject to review for a limited allocation
- SFB will stick to the following meal limits when approving funding for food:
- Breakfast – $8/person
- Lunch – $10/person
- Dinner – $15/person
- Honorariums cannot be awarded to anyone from George Mason University.
- There is a $25 minimum for ALL PURCHASE ORDERS
- SFB will only allocate up to $10/pizza for pizza funding requests.
- All contracts and other documentation (for information on submission go here and documentation go here) must be included with the Student Funding Board requests- any person who is receiving a payment for an agreed upon price needs the corresponding contract and insurance
- Catering and food/beverage expenses should not include sales tax
- (Note: when paying out-of-pocket for catering, the sales tax may be reimbursable).
- ALL STUDENT FUNDING BOARD EVENTS MUST BE ON THE ORGANIZATION’s GET CONNECTED PAGE BEFORE RECEIVING ANY ALLOCATION (getconnected.gmu.edu)